Niiti Simmonds presented at the OBA’s 2014 Institute, “Constitutional, Civil Liberties and Human Rights/Labour and Employment” program. It was held on Thursday, February 6, 2014.
Dealing with injuries and disabilities in the workplace gives rise to a myriad of confusing legal issues. Our Remedies and Damages Primer dealt with:
- What non- monetary damages can be awarded?
- When monetary damages will be awarded for the failure to pay disability benefits
- Best practices for employers to prevent damages awards
- Practical techniques for advancing damages claims
- Key professional issues in advising your clients on punitive damages
- Selecting the appropriate forum: Strategic considerations and resulting consequences
Remedies & Damages Available in Long Term Disability Litigation